Sunday, April 3, 2011

When spring is slow to come

...make your own.  After finishing my Easter mantle, I knew I needed something tall and springy to add to it.  However, we are still in winter.  I remember seeing tissue paper cherry blossoms somewhere once, and wanted to make my own.  I found this online tutorial and made my own.  I love them!  They almost look real, and were so cheap.  I bought tissue paper at Walmart for $1, and had the branches at home.  Can't beat a buck!
Here's a close up.  They really were so easy to do; I completed them while watching a movie one night.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Those are so pretty! I might have to make some too. I need some spring in my house since I can't seem to get it outside.

Janessa said...

Those look amazing. I totally would have thought they were real. Even though we have spring here (come visit!!!), I just might have to make some too.