In honor of the newest installment of the Twilight Saga, I hosted a Fire and Ice party. I had huge plans for this, but, with all the other craziness going on in my life presently, it wasn't up to my standards. However, I think we all had fun, and gave both Edward and Jacob a fitting tribute:)
I found this link for making ice candle holders. They were fun, and tied everything together nicely, I thought. I think Scarlet may have lost a finger or two to frostbite in pulling them out of the containers for me though!
We had Italian again; this is one area I had big plans for, but inspiration never really struck me for fire and ice foods. Everyone brought such yummy dishes. Thanks, girls!
The only two printables I got off Scott's computer before his printer had an aneurism. And this book had some great quotes! Oh well. Both are from Hostess with the Mostess. She's awesome!
I had two tables set up, each a tribute to either fire (Jacob) or ice (Edward). This was the Edward table. I wish I had gotten a picture of it before people. It did look really nice, with silver chargers, my snow goblets and all white linens and candles. Thanks, Sallie!
Edward's loyal supporters, minus Jen, who thought she was at the Edward table, only to find out later she was with the "Jacobites." heehee!
Fire table. I used my autumn candles for a nice, warm glow of reds and oranges, and my gold chargers. Again, didn't get a photo before use. Dang!
I made Baked Alaska, as it went nicely with the Fire and Ice theme. I didn't get a picture before cutting it, but it was pretty, though I didn't see what the big to-do about it was. It was just ice cream with merengue on it. I'm thinking I'll have to try it again when I have time to spend perfecting it.
After dinner we played a few games. Our movie was earlier this year, so we had less time to hang out after dinner. We played Eclipse Jeopardy. Team Jacob won, but never got their prizes, due to my horrible memory. Sorry ladies!
Then I found photos of 20 of the cast members of Eclipse and cropped just their eyes. We played name those eyes. Scarlet won. Go Scarlet!
True to my sweets-lovin' nature, I created a candy buffet in the fire and ice theme, and gave everyone baggies to fill and hide in their purses for movie snacks.
Edward's side was all white, silver, and blue. Funny story about the peppermint taffy: I bought white taffy but it was in red, white, and blue wrappers for Independence Day. So I unwrapped them all the night before and put them in my jar, congratulating myself on my preparation. Only to find the next morning that they had all melted into one hard lump at the bottom of the jar. Needless to say, no one had any peppermint taffy. It may stay there til the end of time.
Jacob's side was all in reds and browns. I found a recipe for Rosalie's Werewolf Kibble and had to include it, even though the label didn't fit my fire theme. But it was yummy!
Go Jen go! Smooch him!
Thanks for coming ladies! I had fun, and hopefully we'll all get together for a Breaking Dawn party next year!
2 comments:
You always have such great party ideas! Thanks for a fun evening.
I want to be your neighbor again! You always throw the most amazing parties - even the one's that aren't "up to your standards". I love all the attention to the decorations, the food and even the movie treats! You are so creative and talented!
Post a Comment