Ok, so I had big plans for the twins' second birthday: carnival, clowns, jump house, cotton-candy maker...Scott didn't see my vision, and eventually, neither did I. Ok, maybe when they're 3 and won't be scared to death by Bobo. So, we went the frugal, smart way and just did a small family party at my mom's. They probably enjoyed it all the same anyway.
Grandma make small water balloons for the kids (and kids-at-heart) to play with. My twins LOVE "ba-boots," so they were very excited to have one each. Here they are happily playing with them on the swing.
Mesmerized.
I guess we forgot to explain that water balloons can't be chewed on.
He was not amused. (Though everyone else was!)
I made chocolate chip cookie dough and chocolate raspberry-filled cupcakes.
They each had their own jumbo cupcake to eat.
We were lucky to have my brother and his family here from St. George to celebrate with us.
The guests of honor, and banished off the patio!
We finally got the hang of opening presents!
They got clothes, bubble blowers, animal crackers (organic, no less!), Sid the Science kid movies, a mini wheel barrow, and these favorites, bouncy balls, in pink and blue, of course!
Cake time! These 2 were hilarious. Keaton would blow out his candle as soon as it was lit. Waverly took the Big Bad Wolf approach: she huffed and she puffed but couldn't blow out her candle. She did, however, blow out a whole lot of spit! The flames had them mesmerized. We forgot birthday candles, so my mom rummaged til she found a substitute. It probably worked even better.
I love his puckered lips here.
This expression is so Waverly.
I cannot believe my babies are two years old already!!! There were times I never thought I'd live to see it, but it has come so quickly! They are growing up too fast! I just want to hold them like this for a little while longer. I have enjoyed these two little ones more than I ever thought possible. Sure, our house is more chaotic than most, with two babies running around, hanging on my pant legs, climbing on the countertops, crying for mommy, wanting to be held, screaming at each other "Not Nice!", and generally creating havoc everywhere they go, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in this big wide world. I adore my twins, and I'm glad Heavenly Father didn't listen to my plea and sent me two babies to love. Happy birthday my little blondie-babes!
3 comments:
Cute as ever!
Awe, what cuties! Happy, happy birthday! It looks like a fabulous two year old sized birthday party. They both look absolutly adorable. What fun!
Awe, what cuties! Happy, happy birthday! It looks like a fabulous two year old sized birthday party. They both look absolutly adorable. What fun!
Post a Comment