Sunday, March 21, 2010

Rainbow bright

Inspired by my sister-in-law, Sallie, Brighton and I made a foot rainbow. He loves to paint and asked me for days if we could paint. Like the wonderful mother I am, I pushed him off so I could get my cupcake party stuff done. Finally, one weekend I pulled the stuff out and we painted. Oi. That was an adventure. Good thing it's washable!

To make one, first you start with big white paper (I used a roll of white wrapping paper) and draw a rainbow on it.
Next you squirt out your paints onto paper plates.
Then you apply the paint to the feet and walk along the drawn lines. I meant to get a photo of this "step" (haha!), but couldn't afford to let go of Brighton's hands. THere is no telling where he would go with painted feet.
After we were done, this is what feet smeared in 6 different paint colors looks like:
Not sure why this photo didn't turn right side up, but here is the artiste, so proud of his work.
I cut around the rainbow a little, since our lines were a little drunken; here it is on our wall:
Ta-da!

2 comments:

M_Hop said...

Hats off to you for this project!! This is not as easy as it looks!

I tried this on Friday with my friend's two little kids (2 and 4 yrs). What a lot of work, getting their feet painted and them walking in a curvy line. They loved it.

I found it easier (ha!) to paint only one foot than two. It took me two hours to do just three colors, and will have to find another day to finish this.

Great idea, thanks for the posting and bravery to actually finish. (Did you get this done in one day?)

Your awesomeness went up 2 notches! Ding ding ding ding.

Janessa said...

What a fantastic idea! Parker would LOVE to do something like that. I love all the picture documentation. Well done! Your awesomeness definitely went up a few notches in my book too!