Monday, November 23, 2009

We love Edward!



In celebration of the newest Twilight movie (New Moon, for anyone that lives underground:) we had to have a party, of course. If you know me, any reason is a good reason for a party. I had fun planning and decorating for it. Thanks for coming, ladies!

The invite. Inspiration taken from examples found online.



Tribute to Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga. The quotes are courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess.

New Moon-themed candy to stuff in purses on the way out the door to the movie.



Can't have a party without the guest of honor; Edward waits to welcome our guests at the end of the entry.

I was going for the forest look here with the scattered trees. My SIL painted them for a school Halloween carnival and I snagged them from her for my party. I loved the look and feel they lended to the decor.



Drink table. Drink labels, again, courtesy of Hostess with the Mostess.


Food table. We had Italiano, of course, with salad and bruschetta and French bread. My very talented SIL designed the display.


For dessert we had a candy apple bar, with caramel, red and milk chocolate, and seven different candy toppings to choose from. This idea came from Studio 5.

Had to have cupcakes, too. They are just too cute! Cupcake toppers courtesy of Maggie's Dinner Dates. (They were supposed to have forks in them, but I ran out of time and they stood too tall to use in this arrangement. I kind of like how these turned out instead...) Love these generous, creative women that share their designs! Thank you ladies!

The partiers with the man of the evening.

Me and Ed. I can almost believe he's real...
The countdown is on for Eclipse. Mark your calendars guys! Party at my house!
June 30, 2010.


9 comments:

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Love love your Edward! What a great party. If you still have Edward, bring him to the next mom's night :)
Heidi (UVMOM)

Shelly Kenison said...

you have the coolest parites ever! Happy Birthday hope you have a great day!!!

Janessa said...

Wow, I can't believe you got Edward to come even!:) It looks like an AMAZING party. I love all the little details. Everything I would expect from a Jill party. The candy apple bar is such a cute idea! I'll have to steal that one sometime. What did you think of the movie? I'm a looser and still haven't seen it yet. I'll have to see if I have anything on June 30th..

Sal-my-gal said...

It was way fun! So, are those of us red eyes the non-"vegetarians"?

Sal-my-gal said...

For "Eclipse" I think we'll need Jacob too. Ah-woooo!

Lisa said...

AMAZING Jill! It was loads of fun...thanks for the great night out!!!

Jill said...

We will need to have a Jacob at our next party! I wonder if I can find one with a bare chest? Are we dirty old women, or what:)?

Jill said...

Oh, btw, Janessa, I liked New Moon much better than Twilight. Jacob stole the show. Go see it! Fly out here and I'll go see it with you!

Teresa said...

I'm glad I made it to the party. It was lots of fun. Sorry I couldn't stay for all of it!