Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ok, so it's finally happened...Hell froze over...

...and we got a dumb dog! Scott's parent's neighbors were getting rid of their schnauzer (I really need to learn to spell it if I'm going to have one), and him and the girls, and he even got Brighton in on it, bamboozled me non-stop until I gave in. Girls, you are not getting presents any time soon. We brought it home on "a trial basis only" for one month, and the girls told everyone we had a loaner dog. I wish. Needless to say, over one month later, the dumb dog is still here. No, I do not love the animal. I have yet ONE MORE living, breathing, needy thing following me around all day that I'm tripping over, cleaning up after, and yelling at. Ok, I don't yell at my twins, but I do sometimes trip over them. I went from "boring mom" to super cool mom in an instant. The girls are ecstatic to FINALLY have a dog of their own. Can you just see it in Savannah's facial expression? She is the only reason that dog is still here. What we do for the love of a child. SHeesh. Now my mom won't want to visit.
I did however, grudgingly have to admit that it was cute on the next morning the girls went off the school, Brighton, Waverly, and the dumb dog lined up at the window to watch them off. Oh, did I tell you the dog's name is Molly? To me it's just "that dumb dog".


5 comments:

WayneAndTeresa said...

I will NEVER own a dog. No matter how much my children beg. But I might be persuaded to get a bird or a lizard...

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Awww, Molly is so cute. And yes you spelled schnauzer correct. We have 3 schnauzers if you ever need a dog sitter. They are great dogs, very big personalities for such little dogs.
Heidi (UVMOM)

The Halls said...

We love schnauzers! She is so cute!

Jess (UVMOM)

Janessa said...

SUCKER! Ha, ha, ha! You got tricked into a dog. I'm sure you remember all of our dog drama. You're a better mom then I am. Hope it goes well. Good luck!

Sal-my-gal said...

That IS cute! She'll be less annoying in about 6 months : ) At least you didn't have to potty train your "dumb dog".