Everybody has their comfort items. For some, it's their morning coffee or Dr. Pepper, for others it's a specific pillow or blanket. Mine is a good book and warm bed. Brighton has them too. Brighton is not comfortable without knowing where 4 items are at ALL TIMES. He has to be assured that the comfort item is either within sight, or in his possession. If that's impossible, as is often the case with one in particular, he will be temporarily pacified until said item returns home. These are his bare necessities of comfort, in order:
1. his dark blue blanket
2. his dad
3. His "measure"
4. his "piderman poon"
He asks me periodically through the day "where'd dad go?" and I have to assure him that he went to work and he'll be back. Sometimes the work explanation is not enough, and I have to make something up until he's satisfied. Usually the explanation, "Dad went to the moon to find it" strangely appeases him and he'll stop asking. He's going to grow up thinking his dad is an astronaut.
1 comment:
Awe, what a sweet little Daddy's boy. I'm sure Scott just loves it. I love his other comfort items too. Very manly.
Post a Comment