Sunday, October 13, 2013

18 years

 Do you know what's scary?  The latest wave of missionaries, and of high school graduates this past year were born the year we got married.  Yep, that's right.  We have been married long enough to spawn an adult, minus the 9 months gestation period.  18 years!  As a young woman, people that had been married anywhere close to 20 years were OLD.  Ancient.  Wow, how times speeds by. It seems one moment you are a newlywed, celebrating your 6 month mark, and the next you are celebrating being married so many years you have to do the math to remember the number.  

I am so grateful to be married to my best friend for the last 18 years.  I can't say it's been easy.  I can't say I've enjoyed every minute (nor, I'm sure has he).  But it's been so worth it; every trial, irritation, challenge, growth-inducing moment that we've endured together has gotten us to where we are today.  I'm grateful to be weathering the storms of life with Scott by my side.  He has been my rock.  Love you Honey!


My up-and-coming photographer daughter Savannah took these photos; didn't she do a great job?
We sure love our little surprise caboose!  And his 5 monkey brothers and sisters too.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

You two look so fabulous! Not like some old couple that's been married for 18 years:) Happy anniversary to an amazing couple!