Sunday, October 28, 2012

First Day of School '12


 Savannah started 8th grade this year.  I can hardly believe it; I was just in 8th grade myself.  She was very excited.  The printables are all courtesy of Tip Junkie.

 My 5th grader, Irelynd.  She is in Mrs Hatton's class.


Sadly, our Fun Lunch Fridays have disappeared, but I did this fun lunch for Brighton for the first day of Kindergarten.  The bread is a school, and if you open the door, there's a tiny little bologna Brighton standing behind it.
 I wish I could add the sound of trumpets to this post.  I have literally been waiting for this day since Brighton made his first mess.  I have been so excited for this child of mine to join the ranks of school children across the US, and we FINALLY made it to this momentous day!  He chose his own outfit for his first day, from a few I put together for him.  Here he is in his "dream come true" shirt, named so by Brighton when he woke one morning and found this shirt hanging in his closet.  He proceeded to tell us that he had had a dream where he woke up and found this EXACT shirt in his closet.  He was so excited and almost emotional about it, we had to put our serious faces on and save the laughs for later.
 Brighton was at first scared to go to Kindergarten, but after the Back-to-School night, Irelynd put his fears to rest by telling him how fun Kindergarten is, and how they go on a field trip to the zoo.  Thank heavens for big sisters!  It was a touching moment to watch her take him aside and comfort him.  Also making him get excited was his teacher giving him his first homework assignment.  That was a bright moment in this little boys' life.  Maybe he will take after me in some way...
 Brighton is in Ms. Mellor's aftenoon Kindergarten class.  When I dropped him off for the first day of school, they had some fun things for kids and moms to do, like measurements and writing his birthday on the calendar, etc.  I left him, with hardly a backward glance by him.  I didn't expect to get emotional, but it was kind of hard leaving my little boy there.  He has grown up so fast, and it's such a poignant moment to enroll a child in school for the first time and walk away, leaving them in the care of a stranger.  I realized it was my first time to have the privilege of doing this.  With Savannah, I was working, and it was done by Scott, I believe.  Irelynd started school just weeks after the twins came home from NICU, so Scott did it again.  I was so glad for the chance to be the one to be there this time. 

 Finally, the twins started preschool this year, too.  They were SO excited.  I am so glad they have each other to start this adventure with, and subsequent ones.  They are going to Miss Kasa's Little Red Schoolhouse.
 This is Keaton's goofy smile lately, when told to say cheese.
 
 These two are the best of friends.  I hope they stay so through their growing up and adult years.

 Until this baby comes, I am the proud owner of 2 quiet hours, 3 days a week.  I am so excited, I am practically beside myself.  The first day after dropping them off, I went home and just revelled in the quiet.  If I could have, I would have kicked up my heels.  Alas, I settled for cleaning out a closet instead.  It was beautiful!

No comments: