I have been SOOO excited for the release of the Hunger Games movie. I inhaled all 3 books within hours of being released, and, though I'm a big fan of Twilight, too, I knew more money=better casting=waaaayy better movie. It did NOT disappoint. I had had big plans for this party, but due to my surprise guest arrival, my stomach wasn't in this (plus the new puny digs don't inspire creativity, either.). But I think we had a good time anyway.
Above and below are the three favors I made. Nightlock berries and Emergency (licorice) rope.
Since Peeta's back ground is as a baker, I had to pay tribute to him, and made 3 kinds of cookies which I packaged in a plain white baker's sack.
Here's the close-up of the excerpt from the book.
I had planned on doing a mock gamemakers training, with archery, sling-shotting (is that a word?), etc to test everyone's skills, but ran out of time. I'd also planned an edible plants test (I learned a lot from that!) which got nixxed too. We did, however, do a Cornucopia challenge, where on go all the Tributes grabbed items in the center of the circle, and earned points for them during the story I read. The necklaces above and below are what I created for the prizes for each. I changed it and gave one out for the Cornucopia challenge, and 2 out for Best Costume.
The food was absolutely delicious! Yay for me for making friends with such good cooks! I'm no dummy in my friend selection!:)
Group shot. Every guest was assigned a District to represent, and had to come in
costume to represent it, and bring food from their District. Let's just say some put forth more effort than others in their costume...:) The winners of the costume contest were District 12's Tribute, Britt, and District 9's Tribute, Lisa. Britt sewed a Girl on Fire cape with ribbon (I knew you had it in you somewhere, Britt!), and Lisa sewed a headband using wheat and the number 9 in her design. Wow! Runner up was Michelle, the Cattle District Tribute. In case you're wondering, I'm a Capital Game Maker. Duh!:)
Can't wait for #2!!
2 comments:
Jill,
Thank you so much for making my dreams of seeing these pictures come true. You are the best. Glad to see that you are feeling well enough to post all of these wonderful things. I am way impressed at all you do and the fact that you can blog about it. :)
Amen to Pat's comment! I can't belive all that you are doing in your pregnant state. What a woman! Sounds like an amazing party. I love all the details you thought of. Attending a Jill party is on my bucket list. Let me know next time you're hosting in Texas!
Post a Comment