I got put in charge of our ward's Christmas party this past year. We did a Charles Dickens Christmas, which required that we have carolers, of course! And what's a proper Victorian lady without a bonnet? After making these two poke bonnets, I decided I want to be a hat maker when I grow up. It was so much fun! I happened to pick up this foam head for $3 after Halloween at Savers, which came in so handy for this project. This one was my second attempt and my favorite. The brim is a straw hat cut in half, the rear is taffeta. It really was easy, once I figured it out.
I made felt top hats and fleece scarves for the men.
After the party was over, I was trying to find another use for them. Solution: A Regency party to celebrate the release of Austenland in May! I'm so excited!
1 comment:
Aaaak! You're going to give me a run for my money! They're fab.
Post a Comment