Monday, September 26, 2011

Princess Party

 My Mom took us to Springville's Museum of Art Princess party last month.  We were pretty excited.  Ok, Waverly and I were really excited.  Savannah wanted to know if there would be animals.  I had to take pictures of the decorations for future reference, since I'm sure Waverly will insist on a princess or fairy party next year.  I thought these flowers were awesome!  Just made out of cardstock, but 3-dimensional.


We were first greeted by the Fairy Godmother, who put pixie dust shimmer on our cheeks.  I was enchanted by this, as was Waverly.
 Tulle going down the walkways.



 The setting was splendid; perfect for princess tea.
 Each table was set with a mini tea set, flowers, and organza.

 The first activity was to have their nails painted.  Waverly, of course, chose princess pink.

 What's a princess without a crown?  Next we decorated our own crowns.

 This girl would give up a sister for a horse.  Or a dog.  Or a monkey, as we found out today.  Haven'tcha always wanted a monkey?


 Waverly tried to find her prince.



 Already sitting in boys' laps.  Houston, we may have a problem!

 The princesses all gathered for a group shot.
  Springville's Royalty helped host the affair.  Waverly was mesmerized by the "princesses".



 The end of the event was a fashion show.  The moms had to write the script for the commentator.  We didn't wear our princess attire, but Waverly still wanted to walk the runway.  Savannah agreed to walk it with her.  They were escorted down the runway by this young prince, but Waverly would not touch him.  So Savannah was a good sport and was the link.  She's such a great big sister!

 
 Waiting to be rescued by her fair prince.  Let's hope he's more like Rapunzel's and less like Fiona's...

I loved this statue in the gardens.  Not sure what it represents, but I want one like it. 

2 comments:

m_hop said...

Lovely girls and what fun for them to indulge in some magic for an afternoon. No doubt you will take the ideas to the next level of birthday party enchantment. Again, as your fan I am wondering, "WWJD"?

Janessa said...

What a fun girly outing. Your big girls were good sports to go along. That prince doesn't look too disapointed to have Savannah on his arm rather then a three year old.