Sunday, September 18, 2011

First Day of School 2011

 Where, oh where did the time go???  My little girl is suddenly old enough for Jr. High.  She was SO excited for school to begin.  Not nervous in the slightest.  I remember back to being her age, and she is leaps and bounds ahead of where I was at this age.  When I tried to help her organize her binder for her classes, she patiently listened to me, and then showed me how she already organized it and she had a system for homework, etc.  It was a huge Mama Paycheck moment.  That might have contributed to the tears that ran down my face as I stood at the back door and watched her walk away.  I don't remember crying when she started kindergarten, but something about this day was different.  I just can't bear the thought of anybody hurting her, and also knowing that Graduation Day is only 6 very short years away.  It's going too fast, and before I know it she'll be grown and gone.  Life's most joyous moments are often bittersweet, I've discovered.
 She picked out this outfit in advance.  From the moment she found the shoes, she could hardly wait to wear them with her skinny jeans, which excited her to no end.  I love having girls!  This one inherited her Grandma's love for shoes.  Too bad she also inherited her mother's BIG feet!  Enjoy the shoes while you still fit them, babe!
 With this attitude, she'll be fine.
 First day of Fourth Grade.  Irelynd was a little less excited than her older sister.  She started a new school and was very nervous.
 She also is growing up so fast.  This skipping grades thing is the pitts; it means I lose both my girls one year earlier than expected.

3 comments:

m_hop said...

Savannah, you are just too cute. Don't give your mom a heart attack by bringing home boyfriends too soon. And Irelynd, LOVE your hair like that. You have the most beautiful blue eyes, they remind me of Grandpa LeBaron's. His eyes were the most blue and sweet and shone with love, and you have those.

Sal-my-gal said...

We have both those shirts at our house! Our girls share great taste.

Janessa said...

Awe, it is very bittersweet! What wonderful big girls you have. They both look so great and ready to take on a new year! Go get 'em girls! I also noticed the back to school decor on your mantel. So cute!