Sunday, May 15, 2011

Popcorn popping

Since I've started working in the afternoon, there is little time for Mommy Preschool, or activities with the little ones.  I've deeply missed our time together learning, so, occasionally I will try to squeeze in an activity or two I had planned earlier in the year.  This day we made Japanese Cherry blossom trees with watered-down brown paint, straws, and crumpled pink tissue paper.  We used the straws to blow the paint across the paper, making branches and limbs.  The twins needed a little bit of help with this step.  After it was dry, they glued on the crumpled up "blossoms".  I thought they'd like this activity more than they did.  Perhaps they don't miss our craft time as much as I do.

And the finished product!  Ta da! 

1 comment:

Janessa said...

You are such a great mom to find time to fit crafts in with all that you are juggling right now. This is a really cute idea. I think Parker and Connor would especially enjoy blowing the paint. I'll have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!