A few Saturdays ago, Barnes and Noble hosted their annual Authorpalooza, featuring local authors. I was uber-excited to find out my favorite author, Brandon Mull, (after JK Rowling, or course!) was going to be there. I took Savannah with me, as we had a date planned for that day, and she has started reading the Fablehaven series and loves it too. I was expecting a long line, but was happy to see only a few people in front of us. I asked Savannah if she'd mind if I screamed (she said no, that would embarrass her:), but I couldn't help but be star struck. He was a very nice, down-to-earth guy. I did think he'd be more impressed by my Fablehaven party last year, though! How many of his fans do that??? I was excited to hear he has a new series coming out next March called The Beyonders. I was worried he'd pull a JK Rowling on us, and retire for a few years.
After leaving the bookstore, Savannah wanted to go to Funfinity to look around. We found some fun hats and tried on a new persona. CleoSavannahElton John?
I liked these best.
Lastly, we stopped by Cupcake Chic and split a caramel apple cupcake. Mmmmm.
2 comments:
Where's the picture of you sitting on Brandon's lap?
So did you scream? You are such a fun mom! It looks like a great date. I'll have to tell Taylor that you guys met Brandon Mull. I think it was from your recommendation that he got into the Fablehaven series and loved it! I want to hear more about your dates with your kids. Do you have a regular schedule? Does Scott do some of them and you do some of them? We're still trying to figure out the best way to do that. That cupcake sounds so good. Oh, and Savannah looks like such a teenager in that first picture!
Post a Comment