Monday, September 27, 2010

Labor Day 2010

For Labor Day this year I took the kids to Red Butte Gardens in SLC. I'd never been there before, but it was free day, so of course we had to go. At the last minute Scott had to work, so I took my mom with me instead. Here's just a few of the photos I took of the day.



 Irelynd's idea of the ideal day was to collect pinecones and acorns. 
 Brighton liked the "floating" walkway across the koi pond.
 Savannah is the sweetest child.  Brighton had had it with walking and was whining about needing to be carried.  I was getting impatient with him, when Savannah came to the rescue and offered him a piggy back ride, all of her own accord.  She is becoming such a considerate, mature young woman.  It brings me so much joy to see her growing up. (Heartache, too, as it's coming too quickly!)  She is so much better than I was at her age.  It's humbling to raise children, isn't it?
 Next in line for a ride was Waverly.  We told her to hold on.  Notice what her interpretation of that is?  She has a hold of Savannah's hair, like handlebars.

 Love this photo of Irelynd.




 We finally made it to the Children's Garden.  Should have started here first, as it was the most interesting, for me and my kids.  This fountain was at the beginning.
 I totally had to snap a picture of this.  It's hard to see what it is in the picture, but it's a big, tiered growing birthday cake.  See the candles?

 Savannah laid down in the sand box to make sand angels.
 This was a cute feature.  It was a lookout with a pole to the lower level.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

What beautiful fun outing. You got so many great pictures! That was so sweet of Savannah to give piggy back rids to tired little ones. Few things melt my heart the way watching my big kids take care of their little siblings does. I lOVE it! I'll have to make sure Taylor hears about this sweet Savannah story. She's going to make a great catch someday;)