Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Baby shower for Kristen

My book club friend Kristen is having her first baby so we had a baby shower for her and her baby girl last Saturday.  I tried Martha's pom poms again and yeah! they finally worked.  Well, at least they didn't look like an oversized squashed flower this time.  {Personally, I think it's a conspiracy, and I think there's some details they don't tell so you're forced to buy their kits!}  Here's the overview.
Yummy Chinese salad and fruit plate by Jen.
Veggie tray and dip by Lisa
I found this cast-off boa in my girls' stuff; I liked the added glitz it provided to the decor.
Favor boxes by Lisa; I filled them with salt water taffy and chocolate-dipped pretzels.
And, of course, cupcakes by moi.  The filigrees didn't turn out to how they looked on Kara's Cupcakes, my favorite cupcake blog.
Strawberry lemonade cupcakes, courtesy again of Kara's Cupakes.  Love it!
After everyone went through the food line, someone said, "did you not make your marshmallow pops?"  Oops.  Glad she mentioned it.  So here they are anyways.
This is the mama-to-be.  Isn't she lovely?
I love the basketball belly!  Maybe because I never had one.  I was the basketball.
Thanks for allowing us the honor of throwing you a baby shower, Kristen!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for throwing me a shower!!! You guys are so very nice! It was so much fun!

Janessa said...

Wow! Looks like another wonderful Jill party! Everything turned out so great. I think I may be hosting a couple of baby showers in the near future and I most likely copy most (if not all) of your ideas. Do I see a theme here? Jill does all the brain work and Janessa copies. Is this working for you? It's working for me:)