Ok, another l o n g post with lots of pictures, but you didn't expect me to skimp on photos, now did you??? The details you can skip if you want. Here are our baskets, ready for hiding: Savannah, Brighton, Waverly, Keaton, Irelynd, and mine. Scott had one, too, but as it only contained candy, I didn't get a photo of it. I was really excited to see Fablehaven 5 in it! Man, that Bunny loves me! We started doing our Easter baskets on Saturday morning instead of Sunday so we can focus on Christ on Easter, and I love it. The kids even love it, too, as they finally see the benefits of it. In our house, the Easter bunny hides our baskets and the kids have to search for them.
Easter morning...the kids popped into our room at 7am ready for hunting. Notoriously mean, we made them all go back to bed for an hour, until 8.
Funny story about Waverly. When we got the babies out of their cribs and told them to go find their baskets, Waverly got really excited and went running to her room. I was curious to see where she was going at a dead run, as this is the first year that they have really been able to participate. I followed her, with camera in hand, of course, and she promptly grabbed her book basket and started back into our room with it. She was SO proud of herself.
Years ago, I made the girls some hooded towells; Irelynd a duck and Savannah a horse. As they are no longer little girls, I felt they needed something girly and up-dated, so I made them new hoodies in their favorite colors: bright pink and lime green. I love the ric rac and polka-dotted ribbon on bottom! And, true to my book-lovin' nature, what's a holiday without a new book?
Table set for Saturday morning Conference breakfast of cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit, and little smokies.
Between sessions we attended our neighborhood Easter egg hunt. I just love spring pictures! The colors are awesome in photos!
The babies finally "got it" this year, picking up their own eggs during the hunt. They even managed to leave the eggs in the basket until they were done, before eating the contents.
This is Keaton attempting to retreive the yellow egg in the end of the drain pipe. Instead, he found a jelly bean to eat. Hopefully it was recently put there.
Next we ate a potluck lunch and the kids decorated some eggs. Then home for the pm session of Conference.
Sunday we went to Grandma's house for Easter dinner and another egg hunt. I saw this recipe for cream-stuffed strawberries on this site (linked indirectly to Martha Stewart) and made some. They were very disappointing. If anyone makes them in the future, skip the cream recipe and make whipped ganache instead. Mmmmmm...now there's an idea. Me and ganache are well acquainted. Does make a pretty picture, though, no?
I think Savannah ate too much, judging from her slouch.
We had yummy orange rolls along with dinner.
We enjoyed dinner from the kids' table. It's not often that I get to sit and talk to my niece and nephew, so it was nice!
I just love this picture. Waverly loves my mom. She was slow to take to her, but she adores "Nammah" now.
On the hunt...my mom has a tradition that she hides one Easter egg with a $5 bill inside; this year she hid two. And the hunt includes adults and kids alike. It's always competitive to see who gets the money egg. This year, even with everyone hunting, we ended up with both. Irelynd picked up exactly 3 eggs before she switched to hunting snail shells and other oddities. When I expressed surprise to my mom later, well, in order to protect the innocent, and not-so-innocent, we'll just say there may have been some cheatin' goin' on.
Savannah was mad that her little brother and sister found both eggs. The next day Brighton told me that "Dad took 5 of [his] monies". Savannah was $5 richer.
Don't you just love the look of pure strategy on his face? Maybe there's a reason he ended up with the lucky egg...
Keaton got a hold of this egg half and found that if he held it between his lips and teeth like so, then he could do it with no hands. Man, was he proud of himself! Waverly demanded one too, but after one try, insisted that hers was "broke." At least there's one thing he can do and she can't..
It was a wonderful holiday. I love when Easter falls on General Conference. What better way to spend it than with family and the prophet? Perfect.
2 comments:
What a wonderful Easter. I love all the details you put into the holidays. The baskets, the towels, the dinner and table settings - they all look fabulous! How do you have the time and energy to do it all? You got some really great pictures. The strawberries do look yummy. Too bad they didn't taste any bettter. I must confess, I don't think I've ever had ganache. I'll have to come visit you and let you make me some someday.
P.S. I just noticed the new pictures of your kiddos on your side bar. Did you just put them up or am I slow to notice? They are so fabulous! I can't believe how teenager-ish Savannah looks. Wow! Did you have all of their pictures taken in one session or did it take a few rounds? They really are great. You have a good lookin' bunch!
Post a Comment