I can't believe it's been a year since the twins were born. It's gone lightening fast! I didn't think I'd make it at some points, but we are all still alive and sane! I have enjoyed having twins so much more than I expected. The first six months were sheer hell, but it has been a riot since then watching them entertain themselves and interact with one another. It's amazing to note the differences between two babies born at the same time to the same parents. Anyone who says it's nurture over nature, come to my house and I'll change your mind! They come with their own, unique personalities. Here's the differences:
Keaton:
He is my white child (if you've read The Color Code you'll know what I mean). He is so easy-going and sweet tempered. He does have a temper and he will let you know if he's not comfortable, but he's so sweet and loving. He likes to snuggle, and will lay his head down on my shoulder and be content to be held close. I could spend hours like this.
Waverly:
She hates headbands. Especially the big flowery ones like below. She is my little firecracker. She babbles all day. If she's awake, you know it. Heaven help us when she starts to make words. She is already throwing mini tantrums and is very determined in what she wants. She was the first to do everything, including birth. She laughs and babbles at you the minute you walk in the door, and I can't help but laugh when I see her. She loves to play peek a boo, but her hands go over her ears instead of her eyes, for the moment.
She walks on her tiptoes when we help her walk. She likes dolls and cups. She hates to be held down too long, even to be cuddled. She is very interested in everything that goes on around her, and wants to be a part of the action. She's not a picky eater, but has to inspect everything that goes into her mouth by taking it out half gooey. Not a pretty thing to witness.
She loves to play patty-cake and loves the song "the wheels on the bus." I can see a lot of Savannah in her, and expect the two to be very similar in looks and personality.
She likes her baths, but only for a short time. When she's ready to get out, she'll let you know pronto. She will be the brain behind the antics when they both get older.
She's very smiley, too, and will give you her big, toothy grin with very little effort. It takes more to make her laugh though. She loves games with anticipation. She does not usually like strangers, and wouldn't go to even her grandmas until recently. She loves dolls, and sleeps with one. It's close to being her first word, as she calls it dah dah.

We have been so blessed to have not one, but two babies in our home this past year. They bring with them such a big piece of heaven. The joy that surrounds them is almost tangible. Keaton and Waverly, I am so honored to be your mother and that Heavenly Father trusted me with this challenge of raising two babies at once. Thank you for coming to our home. We love you both so much!
We have been so blessed to have not one, but two babies in our home this past year. They bring with them such a big piece of heaven. The joy that surrounds them is almost tangible. Keaton and Waverly, I am so honored to be your mother and that Heavenly Father trusted me with this challenge of raising two babies at once. Thank you for coming to our home. We love you both so much!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Keaton and Waverly and congrats on surviving the first year! I love the pics!
Heidi, UVMOM
Happy Birthday! What sweet beautiful babies. You got some great pictures capturing so many different expresions. I think the last one of the two of them is my favorite. I'm impressed you got both of them looking at the camera. It was so fun to read about their different personalities. Kids are definitely born with their own little personality. Congratulations to all of you for surviving the first year. You are my hero and inspiration (and I don't even have twins)! Thanks so much for your email the other day. That was just what I was needing. I'll sit down and write you back when I get a chance.
Yea for twins!
Post a Comment