Tuesday, July 21, 2009

F is for Fourth of July Freedom Festival

On the Friday before the Fourth, I got the kids up at 6am in order to take them to the balloon festival in Provo. I hadn't been to this since I was about Savannah's age, but it's been going every year since then, and I've wanted to go for a long time. The kids loved it; Brighton less than I thought he would; I guess he's not really a morning kid. We met Grandma LeBaron there and went to breakfast at McDonald's afterwards. It was worth getting up so early!


The kids marching to the rousing music playing softly in the background, much like a jet liner in your living room would sound.

And they're off! I loved the piggy one. Savannah wants to ride in one next year. Me too...maybe.


1 comment:

Janessa said...

That looks like so much fun. We never went but would totally go if we could, now that we know how fun it is. How do you get to ride in them? That would be so much fun! I love the marching picture. Your girls look so perky for so early in the morning.