Thursday, September 26, 2013

Waverly

I finally got around to taking pictures of Waverly for her 5th birthday.  She agreed to pose for me, but had to have artistic license to throw her own personality into it.  I was more than happy to capture her true personality in some of her shots.  Like the one below.  I call it her Frenchman pucker.
I also asked her some questions to capture her at 5.  Here are the questions and answers:
Who is your favorite person in the whole world? "Annika" (her 2nd cousin who lives in NM, and she's only seen once, but they clicked immediately.)
Favorite color:  Pink, of course!
Favorite tv show:  Sophia the First
Favorite outfit: "my purple and black owl outfit." {also the one pictured!}
Favorite food: mac & cheese
Fave song:  Pinkalicious
Fave cereal:  Cap'n Crunch
Best friend:  Wrigley
What do you want to be when you grow up?
"a singer!"
Favorite book:  Pinkalicious
What are you really good at?  "doing cartwheels"
Where do you want to go on vacation?  "Disneyland"
What is your best memory of summer?  "going to 7 Peaks"
What would you buy if you had $1000?  "silly string"  {hm, good thing you don't have that much money then!}
Which vegetable do you hate the most?  broccoli and mashed potatoes.
If you could have one wish, what would it be?  "to be a princess" {and this expression would go so lovely with your tiara, Waverly!}
as would this one...
I love her mischevious grin here, and the way her nose crinkles up!
Favorite ice cream flavor:  vanilla
What do you like to do best with your friends?  paint and play princess
What do you hope you get to do before your next birthday?  "have a sleepover"

Funny story interjection:  at the beginning of summer, Waverly and Wrigley were playing at Wrigley's house.  When I went to go pick her up, they were both begging for a sleepover.  We only allow sleepovers with cousins, and not before the age of 6, minimum.  Being 4 at the time, I said no.  Then I got engrossed in a conversation with Wrigley's mom, my sister-in-law, who is my great friend.  Pretty soon, we noticed that Waverly and Wrigley had disappeared.  All my other kids were there running around with their cousins too, and said the two girls had taken off in the direction of our house (we live about 10 mins away by foot.)  I had walked there, so I took off after them in a hurry.  I saw someone along the way that said they had seen 2 little girls on a bike and scooter a few minutes earlier.  When I got home, their scooter and bike were on the front lawn, and the back door was locked, which I hadn't done before I left.  I knocked on it, and heard from within, "shhh, hurry and hide!"  I called to them that I knew they were in there, and if they didn't unlock the door, I'd get the key and they'd be in HUGE trouble.  I neglected to tell them that I didn't have a key with me, and they bought my bluff.  The door unlocked and they ran into the boys' room where they were both in pj's.  They admitted to running away to Waverly's house so they could have a sleepover.  They had every intention of keeping us all locked out all night so they could "have a sleepover".  This girl is going to be someone to be reckoned with.  Yikes.






We love you, Miss Waverly!  We love your exuberant nature, the way you giggle incessantly when you are excited about something, like your birthday coming up; we love how girly you are, and won't wear anything that does not fit the label of "pretty"; we love how you hear songs on the radio and sing them at home, sometimes misconstruing the lyrics into something funny ("should I give up, or should I keep on chasing cavemen"); we love how you speak for both you and Keaton, and everything is "we"; I don't love it, but I appreciate how determined you are.  That will serve you well in life.  And I love your slanty blue eyes:)

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Adorable pics and precious interview! I love the sleep over story. What a cute little stinker! I think the second picture is my favorite. She has so many cute expressions!