Sunday, October 23, 2011

Back to School mantel

 This is my back to school mantel.  I made the blocks using some ugly Easter blocks I bought at a garage sale earlier for $2 for the 3 of them.  I just modge-podged some paper on and used crayons to draw the ABC's.  I love changing the mantel every month!  I love having a mantel that I can reach to change!

2 comments:

m_hop said...

Ok, Jill, I vote that you decorate your mantel next month to showcase YOU, in honor of your birthday. In honor of being their mom, their foundation, their fountain of life.

Put up stuff YOU love, things you have squirreled away, or something new, things that celebrate YOU, and let your kids appreciate YOU all month. You do so much to celebrate them. It's right to show them what makes you get all smiley, the other little things that bring sunshine in your life, what gives you joy, what fun you have had, or anything that they don't know about so far.

Hide something on the mantel for them to discover, to talk about. You are so talented. This could be fun because your family is not expecting it.

Raise your hands, blog readers, if you agree that Jill should do something about herself on the mantel.

m_hop said...

That very last line of that last sentence came out sounding funny, but you know what I mean, right?