Sunday, February 27, 2011

Babysitting bag

When I turned 11, my brother and sister-in-law gave me a case filled with books, games, toys, etc as a baby-sitting kit.  I took it to every job, and the kids always looked forward to it.  When I retired, I kept the case for my future daughter.  I found it recently in my craft closet, and finally gave it to Savannah.  We changed the case to an old discarded leather bag, updated the items in it, and added some ribbon to make it cute.  Savannah's excited to be able to start babysitting for other families, and she's hoping to start her own "babysitter's club". 
Check out Barbie in her leg warmers.  Yes, that's an original item:) 

1 comment:

Janessa said...

I totally had a babysitting kit too! Good memories. As long as they are responsible (which I'm sure Savannah totally is), those 12-14 year olds are some of the best babysitters. They are so into it and eager to impress their clients. Your bag make over turned out great! I'll have to remember that and make one for Abby in a couple of years. I just don't think Taylor would appreciate it:)